Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weighty. (Rimshot)

Dear Scale:


I think we both know what this is about. I don't pay much attention to you, and I think you're ok with that. However, I thought maybe I had misjudged you. Perhaps you and I could coexist. Not a friendship, per se, but some kind of mutual agreement where we can share a space. I might even allow you into my home. Perhaps if I just gave you a chance, I could change my thinking and we could bury the hatchet once and for all.


I was so so wrong about that. I was stupid to think we could possibly be civil to one another, but I do have one request that I ask you fulfill in exchange for a satisfying silence from me: I write this letter to ask you to kindlly stop giving me a higher and higher number every time I visit you.

I won't come around often, and you can start to gradually slide back into a digit that doesn't make me hyperventilate when I do visit. Deal? Please?

Hoping,

Corrbette


Dear Corrbette:


Ow. Get off me. Why do you weigh so damned much?

Painfully,
Scale

Dear Scale:

You have no heart.

Weeping,
Corrbette

Dear Corrbette:

...

Scale

No comments: