Friday, April 18, 2008

Simple. Really?

We forget that things can be simple. And by "we," I mean "me," since I don't know that anyone else is reading this. I care not.

A friend of mine looked at me and said, "It's fucking ridiculous that you don't have an agent. But really, it's only because you haven't tried hard enough."

I was about to argue, save that I realized I couldn't. When it comes to that pursuit, and that one alone, I really haven't. She let me know just how many mailings she'd done. I have done considerably less, thinking that somehow I shouldn't have to do that many.

I never thought that consciously, mind you. But my actions spoke for me. Stupid actions.

If you want that, try harder. Do more. It really is that simple. I proceeded to have a complicated argument with a loved one later that night, made only more complicated by the addition of alcohol in my system.

I forget too often what simple means.

I need to cut that out.

No comments: